Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of our listings are posted by honest and trustworthy people, thus enhancing your excellent business prospects. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules to prevent any attempt to scam you.
- Do business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you are dealing with. Confirm their name or business, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, listings, letters, etc.) and details of the person or. business.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or check.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or ...).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.